Friday, December 27, 2013

Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

 

 

Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog
News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Inspiration and yes... Gossip! *Wink*

Mercy Johnson Okojie says Thank You
12/27/2013 9:12:00 PM

A message from Mercy Johnson-Okojie
2013 has been an incredible year for me. I couldn't ask for more. It is one year I won't forget in a hurry.

My fans were amazing. They stood by me and took on my fight. The critics played their parts too. I took the constructive ones, made adjustment and became a better person.

How can I forget 2013, the year I had the honour of being the most searched Nollywood actress for the third consecutive year. I am most grateful to the fans who worked the keyboard or keypad reading about me online.

I am grateful to my team, the media and management company, Bigsam Media that became like sponge, wiping away the negative past and soaking in the future. I am most grateful.

Social media, Twitter most especially, played significant role in reaching out directly. The teaming fans on Twitter and other platforms, this is for you; thank you for loving, tolerating and being there for me.

Gentlemen of the press contributed in no small measure to my year, without you, no one will reckon with the brand, thank you.

My colleagues, directors, producers and marketers who made the job easier for me, I am most grateful. Without what you do on set, my best won't manifest. Thanks.
 
To the companies all over Africa that did business with me, I owe you. Thanks for the confidence in my brand. 2014 will be better.

To those who buy or watch movies because of me, you have kept me at the top still in 2013. You are part of my success story. I am most grateful. God bless you.

And to the most wonderful man in the world, Prince Odi Okojie, if there were to be reincarnation, I will take the step of faith with you again. Odi, you are a good man, wonderful husband and loving daddy. I am blessed to be your wife and blessed will you continue to be among men.

In 2014, there will be new direction for the brand, keep your fingers crossed while God and my team work out the magic.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Mercy Johnson Okojie.

 

Comedienne Princess Dammy & husband split after only 7 months of marriage
12/27/2013 8:35:00 PM

After just seven months of marriage, one of Nigeria's best comediennes Princess Dammy, real name Damilola Adekoya, has separated from her husband, movie producer/director Adeshola Jeremiah. The NET reports that the couple started having problems just two weeks after their wedding in May 2013 and officially split a few months ago after a series of efforts to mend the broken marriage failed.

Confirming the split, Princess Dammy told Thenet,ng
"Yes my marriage has ended due to irreoncilable differences. We have been having issues since the wedding but we still remained together hoping that we would be able to work it out. But apparently, we couldn't work it out, hence the reason for our separation. We actually ended it several months ago, but we didn't want to make it public. I'm sure God knows best' 
Eya, sad to hear this...

 

Kim K shows off Xmas gift from Kanye, a hand-painted Hermes bag
12/27/2013 4:07:00 PM

Yesterday Kim Kardashian showed off the Christmas gift she got from Kanye West on her instagram page. It's a tan Hermes Birkin leather handbag (pictured above).. You would think it's not a big deal because Kim has lots of Hermes bags which retails for around $10,000 to $30,000, but...this bag is different. After buying the bag, Kanye commissioned legendary American contemporary visual artist George Condo to hand-paint a nude on the front of the bag. The design features several nude female figures and a bare-chested monster.

George Condo's paintings are sold for hundreds of thousand of dollars...one even recently sold for $1.3 million. Now ladies and gentlemen, you may be looking at one of the most expensive bags ever made! Kanye don't play! See more photos after the cut...


 

Diamond Bank Rewards Customers In Special Year-End Draw
12/27/2013 3:32:00 PM

Diamond Bank PLC, a leading player in the Nigerian Retail banking space, has announced a year-end special draw, under the DiamondXtra Reward Scheme, to reward loyal customers of its DiamondXtra account. The Draw will hold at the Iron and Building Materials Market, OrileIganmu, Lagos, on Friday, December 27, 2013.
 
At the Year-end special draw, 35 customers would win N1million each, 1 customer will win N2million and the luckiest customer will win Salary4Life (earns N100,000 every month for 20 years). Continue...


Commenting on the draw, Head, Corporate Communications of the Bank, Mrs. AyonaTrimnell said, "The DiamondXtra account is a special savings account designed for individuals who want to build up their savings gradually. It is an interest-yielding savings account which allows the deposit of both cash and third party cheques. In addition, DiamondXtra account holders receive a cheque book and an ATM card with which they can withdraw from their account at any Diamond Bank branch. It is a simple and straightforward savings account that comes with a low minimum opening amount of N5,000."

The DiamondXtra Reward Scheme is currently the longest running reward scheme in Nigeria. It was launched in July 2008 in a bid to encourage a savings culture and also to reward customers for their loyalty. The draws are held weekly (every Friday), monthly (every last Friday of the Month) and to mark special occasions as determined by the Bank. 

The Salary 4Life is a unique feature of the DiamondXtra account in which Diamond Bank pays the sum of N100,000.00 into the customer's account every month for the next 20 years. The draws are conducted through an electronic process approved by the National Lottery & Regulatory Commission and the Consumer Protection Council and which is also verified by the renowned auditing firm, KPMG Professional Services. Every N5,000.00 deposited by the customer increases the customer's chances of winning as the winning tickets are chosen by a random draw. 

Amongst the numerous benefits of running a DiamondXtra account is a free access to all Diamond Bank electronic banking channels like Diamond Online, Diamond Mobile and Diamond Dial. DiamondXtra  account holders also enjoy a free life assurance cover of N50,000.

DiamondXtra customers also have access to a secured credit card called the DiamondXtra VISA Credit Card which allows them access to a credit limit of up to 75% of the funds in their account without dipping into valuable savings, hence granting them the privilege of qualifying for the weekly and monthly draws. To enjoy the benefits of the Reward Scheme, existing DiamondXtra account holders must have a minimum of N5,000.00 (Five Thousand Naira) in their account. Multiples of ₦5,000 deposits increase the customers' chances of winning.

Since the reward scheme commenced, over 1,000 loyal customers have been rewarded with cash prizes valued at over N2bn in total.

 

OMG! Banker slices husband's penis with knife. (See photos)
12/27/2013 3:13:00 PM

Found this bizarre story on PM News. A woman took a knife and sliced her husband's penis during a fight at their home in Surulere. Read the report below...
The popular saying that hell has no fury than a woman scorned came to pass on Monday at the Surulere residence of a banker, Bimbo Ajetumobi Daniju and her gospel singer husband Olalekan Idowu Daniju when the woman allegedly took a knife and sliced her husband's penis during a fight.
Bimbo, staff of a new generation bank in Lagos was said to have accused her husband of not taking care of her and their only child, Opeoluwa. The husband disagreed and while fighting, Bimbo allegedly seized her husband's penis and sliced it with a knife. Bimbo denied using a knife but her fingernails to teach her husband a lesson on how not to treat a woman. The ugly incident happened on Monday at their Falolu Street, Surulere home.
Pics of the sliced penis after the cut...*viewer discretion advised*


The matter was reported to the police at Surulere station and the woman was arrested. In her statement to the police, Bimbo denied using a knife on her husband's penis but her fingernails.
She was later released on bail when her husband insisted that he was not interested in pressing charges against her.

Trouble started on 16 December when the banker who is a staff of the Agege Motor Road branch of the bank, accused her husband who has just returned from the church, of failing to provide for the needs of the family and leaving her to do everything. She also accused him of being selfish and uncaring.

She reportedly shouted at Olalekan who was eating and when he didn't answer, poured his plate of food on his head. She took a bucket found in the room and smashed it on his head. This resulted in fighting.

Their neighbours separated them and Olalekan went to his sister's shop to seek refuge but not done yet Bimbo allegedly followed him there and threatened to stab him with a broken bottle.
Relatives and neighbours, it was gathered, intervened and pleaded with the couple to give peace a chance but the couple continued to live like a cat and mouse.

Madam Kehinde Daniju, sister of Olalekan told P.M.NEWS that when her brother ran to her for help, she had to call their mother and other relatives to settle the matter for them in the family house they lived.

She explained that Bimbo's mother who also lived around the area came and told her daughter not to accept reconciliation until Olalekan got a job. She blamed the couple's constant disagreement on Olalekan's refusal to get a job.

When she was leaving she took along the couple's only son, Opeoluwa Daniju.

This did not go down well with Olalekan who ordered his wife to go to her mother's house and bring his son before 8 p.m. or there would be trouble.

It was said that Bimbo left the house before 8 p.m and returned 30 minutes later without Opeoluwa.
This resulted in another round of fighting during which neighbours and relatives intervened again to separate them.

Narrating his story, Olalekan said he woke her up on Sunday to ask what she would be wearing to the church so that he could iron it but she didn't reply.
" I picked up my son's cloth, ironed it, bathed him, had my bath and left both of them at home and went to church. In between the service, I came home to check on them and I met her cooking, I even joked that thank God there's something for them to eat.

"I went back to church and after the service I was I hungry I bought bread and beans to eat and as I got inside, my boy told me he also wanted to eat bread and I gave it to him.

When she learnt that I gave the boy bread, she said I didn't bother to ask her where she got money to prepare the rice that she ate and she started calling me several unprintable names.
"I responded again and this time it was a huge mistake. She just came near me, carried the plate of beans and pour the food on my head. She held my tie shouting and cursing me at the same time. I managed to extricate myself from her grip and ran out. She nearly suffocated me with the tie. She pursued me and broke a plastic bucket on my head but I continued to run. She picked up a bottle, broke it and threatened to stab me with it. This is a woman that is about five month pregnant.
"I ran to my sister's shop and tried to involve her but she stayed out of the matter because they all know that she is rude, stubborn and violent. There was a day she and her brothers came here with thugs from Ojuelegba they wanted to beat up everybody here. She has chased me on the street with all sort of dangerous things. I don't really know what she wants to achieve with all this but that day, her mum came, my mum's sister came also and they tried to resolve the whole thing.

"I saw my mum's sister off and before I came back, my mother-in-law had taken my son away and I was like we are trying to solve one issue and you are trying to cause another problem. I told her that if by 8p.m. that evening my child is not back home, she would not find it funny.

"I said that to make her know that I was serious but she said that there's nothing I can do. She left the house before 8p.m. and came back 30 minutes later without my son. She took her bath and went to sleep I went to my sister and told her I am going to my mother-in-law's house to get my child but my family ask me not to go there. At that time, I was tired, confused and hungry. I picked up my laptop but while I was trying to watch a movie I fell asleep in the sitting room.

"She woke me up at about 2a.m.. I was in a pair of boxer shorts. She told me that it is either I kill her or she kills me and within seconds she had torn my shorts. This was not surprising anyway as she had torn many of my clothes in the past. She said 'I am going to kill you this morning. You think I am joking'. The whole thing happened so fast I just felt her hand in holding my penis, and the next thing was blood flowing. I started shouting and crying for her to take me to the hospital.

"She said 'hospital ke, that's where you are going to die today' and that was the last time I saw her. I don't know how she left the house at that time of the night. She changed her clothes, took a big bag and left, only for us to see her two days later at the police station.
There and then, I decided I cannot continue living with her, she could just decide to put poison in my food and kill me one day.

"It's only a person that's alive that can explain anything. She could just poison me and cook up a story just like she did at the police station where she told the police officers that I woke her up at 2a.m. and started hitting her, almost beating her to death and the officers clapped for her for a lovely story. The officers asked how come I did all that and she had the strength to run away and she didn't run to the hospital, that is, someone that was almost being beaten to death should go to the hospital and there was no doctor's report. The person you injured brought his own medical report, we could see that the injury was bandaged.

"The officers told her that there's no mark on her to signify being beaten, she replied that she didn't go to any hospital because there was no mark on her she also claimed that she didn't use any knife but that she used her fingernails to scratch my penis," he said.

Efforts to speak with Bimbo at her mother's home proved abortive as our reporter was prevented from talking to her.

 

Pics: Tonto, Funke Akindele, Florence Ita-Giwa, at Calabar Festival
12/27/2013 3:13:00 PM

Tonto Dikeh, Funke Akindele, Uti Nwachukwu, Florence Ita-Giwa, Mbong Amata and more celebs at the Calabar Carnival going on right now in Calabar, Cross River State. More pics after the cut...



 

Obasanjo is selfish, a fraud and evil, Eedris Abdulkareem Tweets
12/27/2013 2:46:00 PM


These two, OBJ and Eedris, have a history. See more Tweets after the cut...

 

D'Prince looking dapper in new photos
12/27/2013 2:26:00 PM

The Mavin artist shared the photos on his instagram page. What a handsome young man...:-). More photos after the cut...




 

Headies 2013: Between nominee Orezi and winner Waje
12/27/2013 1:53:00 PM

Rihanna crooner Orezi isn't happy that he lost out to Waje in the Best Reggae/Dancehall category at the Headies yesterday. He took to twitter a few hours ago to express his displeasure (his tweet above). Waje responded by tweeting what you see below..(she's since deleted it).
@Wajemusik: So a fellow nominee subs me, hahahhaha Pity

I love 'I Wish'. I think it's a beautiful song and deserved to win. See more Tweets after the cut.


 

Headies 2013: Photos + Full list of winners
12/27/2013 11:24:00 AM

Nigeria's most premium awards show, The Headies, held last night, Thursday, December 26, 2013 at the Oriental Hotel in Victoria Island, Lagos. Hosted by the suave hip-hop artiste, Dr Sid & delectable songstress, Tiwa Savage, this year's nomination had the tightest competition with a selection of some of the hottest names in the Nigerian music scene.

Olamide emerged the biggest winner of the night with three awards. Fast rising Afro pop artiste, Sean Tizzle also won the Next rated awards and a Hyundai Tucson SUV. Davido also bagged the Hip Hop World Revelation of the year award and Best R&B/Pop Album.

The Hall of Fame award went to legendary Fuji musician, King Wasiu Ayinde Marshal who later closed the show with a five-star performance. See photos and full list of winners after the cut...




Full List of Winner
Best R&B Single
Good Good Loving – Banky W

Best Rap Single
Man of the Year – Phyno

Best Street-Hop Artiste
Durosoke – Olamide

Best Recording Of The Year
This Year - Jaywon

Best Collabo
Ghost Mode – Phyno FT Olamide

Best Rap Album
YBNL – Olamide

Hip Hop World Revelation
Omo Baba Olowo – Davido

Lyricist On The Roll
Let It Go - Mode 9

Producer Of The Year
Sho Lee – Dee Tunes

Best Alternative Song
Repete - BlackMagic

Best Pop Single
Ihe Ne Me – 2Face

Best Vocal Performance Female
Only You – Nikki Laoye

Best Vocal Performance Male
Rich And Famous – Praiz

Next Rated
Sean Tizzle

Best Reggae/DanceHall Single
I Wish – Waje

Song Of The Year
Limpopo – KCee

Album Of The Year
YBNL - Olamide

Artiste Of The Year
Iyanya

Best Music Video
Alingo – Jude Okoye & Clarence Peters

Best R&B/Pop Album
O.B.O – Davido  

Hall Of Fame
Wasiu Ayinde The 1st

Most Downloaded Callertune
Mandela - Harrysong

What do you think of this year's winners? And if you watched the show live on TV last night, what did you think of it?

 

Waje debuts new haircut, slimmer body at the Headies 2013
12/26/2013 10:59:00 PM

The 'I wish' star was spotted at the Headies sporting no less than a short hair do and a trimmer, hotter bod'. Waje is also the highest female nominee at the Headies with four nominations. Wish her luck tonight!

 

Lady accused of stealing finally replies Mofe Duncan
12/26/2013 10:00:00 PM

The girl being accused by actor & model Mofe Duncan of stealing his girlfriend's phone, wristwatch etc has finally responded. (she decided to respond after seeing the story here ...hehe)

@IKushBarbie took to Twitter a few minutes ago to pray and curse Mofe out...lol. #dramathingz. See more Tweets after the cut...




 

Actor Mofe Duncan accuses girlfriend's friend of stealing on twitter
12/26/2013 8:23:00 PM

Lol. What kind of an embarrassment is this nah, Mofe? The actor, model & photographer is accusing a lady with twitter handle @IKushBarbie of stealing his girlfriend's belongings, which includes an iPhone, which the girlfriend, (pictured above with him) got as a present. See more tweets after the cut


 

This is the lady he's accusing of stealing from his girlfriend...she hasn't responded yet...

 

Mya K´s album "Blooming Petal" set to drop on December 30th, 2013
12/26/2013 5:16:00 PM

Rock Town Music is excited to announce the highly anticipated official release of Mya K´s album "Blooming Petal" on December 30th, 2013

In this solo album, Mya K once again demonstrates her remarkable gift as a singer songwriter. Listeners will be inspired by the appealing sentiments and stirring sound of this exceptional Afro Pop record. Rhythmic melodies and popular grooves are all combined on this Fifteen track album to make it a truly unforgettable experience. Continue...


Mya K stays true to her roots by featuring some of Nigeria's most talented musicians such as award winning (May D, Vector, Jaywon) and  indigenous Ikpa Udo. It is Mya K in command of her talents and in control of her performance and passion. 

Management: Rock Town Music
Twitter: @rocktownrecord
Twitter: @yourgirlmya
Facebook: mya kinlock
Telephone: 08142758665, +44 7516159806

 

Pres. Jonathan orders police to investigate case of pregnant factory worker beaten by Lebanese boss
12/26/2013 4:54:00 PM

I have a strong feeling Alice will get justice soon. This can never be tolerated. And all companies paying below Nigeria's minimum wage should be investigated too. Alice was earning a meager N12k a month, and lost her baby on top of it? We need to find this woman.

 

26yr old Emeka Rodney wins MTN Young Designer of the Year 2013
12/26/2013 4:47:00 PM

 26 year old Rodney Emeka, the Creative Director of McMeka, won the MTN Young Designer of the Year competition at the Lagos Fashion and Design Week 2013. He runs McMeka, a Lagos based menswear design label which solely focuses on bespoke tailoring which he founded in Sept. 2011. 

The young PH bred designer came up against formidable names like Waneami, Diana aLa Vid (DLV), Ayo Van Elmar, Reni Smith, Ladunni Lambo, Sho by Adesola Obebe, Tumilla by Tumi Ladega, Kenneth Ize and Siaiano who were also shortlisted as finalists for the MTN Young Designer of the Year. However, his hard work and resilience paid off and he was crowned the winner. Continue to see some of his designs....

 
 

Interview granted Awala of Exhilarate, below...

Tell me a little about yourself. Where are you from? What's your educational background?
My name is Rodney Emeka Igwedinma and the winner of MTN Young Designer of the Year award 2013. I am currently a student of University of Lagos, studying Accounting. I am from Anambra East Local government in Anambra state. I come from a family of seven, of which I happen to be the last born of the house. My parents are Ebenezer and Monica Igwedinma. My dad is a retired civil servant while my mom is a tailor and we are a happy lot.  Growing up, I schooled in Rivers state, Port Harcourt. I attended the township primary school, Oyibo for my primary education while I went to Government Secondary, Oyibo  for my secondary education. As for my tertiary education, I started out at Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Ogbomoso where I was studying Biochemistry. But when I developed my talent as a fashion designer, I had to leave LAUTECH for University of Lagos, UNILAG where I started seeing things happen for me in my career. Although I spent many years at LAUTECH, I think it was a wise choice moving to UNILAG because it exposed me to a lot of things. I started my career in 2011 after leaving LAUTECH while studying a science based course and was forced to begin my university education afresh in Lagos having gained admission to study Accounting. Interestingly as a kid, I had enjoyed art based classes but due to family pressure I went through school as a science student. My decision to transit to Accountancy was based on my belief that the course would provide the best platform to fulfil my vision as a fashion designer. And it wasn't hard to switch because I already had a combination of science and arts courses in my O'Level.
How was it competing against other designers who had trained abroad?
I really don't believe that someone's background should be a limiting factor in how far one can go. It's all about what's inside of you – so I think that was what paved the way for me. During the auditions, I saw a lot of guys come in with swag, and I was challenged, amazed at some of the designs but I wasn't intimidated. Yea, they came armed with fashion degrees from Paris, UK, Vienna but they didn't move me.  When I showed my brother what I was up against, we were just laughing. It was like a David and Goliath situation. Most of my friends just wished me all the best. When I made the top ten shortlist, my close friends told me that they won't shout or celebrate with me and that they only time they would rejoice is when I am crowned winner. This is the extent of belief and confidence which my close pals had in me. This kept me going. I had no fashion qualifications, whether local or international but I believed in my work.
Since you are still in school, what's your take on the ASUU strike?
The ASUU strike has been a blessing for me. God has a way of doing things.  As a student of UNILAG, if school was in session, it would have been very difficult to find the time to participate in the competition. I was apprehensive when the call time came in because I submitted my application two days before the closing date. Once I got the invite to audition, I began to pray and ask God for his help – make a way for me to win this competition. And so when the strike was announced, I was very happy as it would afford me the chance to compete. While my friends were groaning and complaining, I was thankful. Even when there were rumours of the ending the strike, I prayed that it would happen only after the show was over and I was glad it happened for me.  Making the collection was stressful and it would have been more demanding having to combine preparing for the show with exams looming.  God bless ASUU. (General laughter)
What would have happened if you didn't win?
It would have been a whole lot of shame for me because I so much believed in myself and prayed very hard for this show. I had the firm conviction that if I was going to do the show, then it would pave the way for me and as God would have it, my fasting and prayer wasn't in vain.  
Did you get funding to start this business?
I started this business with ten thousand naira and I wasn't funded by anybody. The first order to design a dress cost me ten thousand naira which was the first capital for my business. I sent the dress over to a dude in Abuja who placed the order and till tomorrow, I still haven't been paid. It was a painful experience and so I had to start all over again. I made and still make a lot of sacrifices coupled with hard work.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
My dad used to tell me that the ants usually gather their food during summer and then in winter, all they do is sit down, enjoy and eat. While staying with my uncle, he would say to me every morning that you must follow the early morning moon wherever it goes, follow it. When the time comes for you to enjoy, you will. My victory has inspired a lot of my friends.
What would you do with the 4million naira from MTN?
Well the money is not for Rodney Emeka. It belongs to McMeka. It would be devoted to pushing the brand.
What is the story behind your brand name, McMeka?
Well my name is Rodney Emeka, so it was derived from my native name. Mc gives it the British feel.
Are you married?
No. I am twenty six years old and happily single.
Has your boyfriend or girlfriend played any role in all of this?
Laughs. Girlfriend please. Well, she always encourages me to keep my dream alive and she is very understanding with my busy schedules. She is very patient and inspires me a lot. We are two different people who understand ourselves. We have been through so many things together and she knows what I'm capable of.
Is she into fashion and design?
She likes fashion but she doesn't design. She is among my closest allies who are my backbone of support and pillar of strength. When I was growing up, my mom would usually call me to come and examine her looks. I would check her out and say mom I don't like this. She is that kind of person who I can call on.
What would you say about the MTN Young Designer of the Year Award?
I think the initiative is a good one. I so much appreciate the fact that the organisers of the LFDW are working so hard to bring out young talents in Nigeria's fashion space. They are giving young talents a voice. Josh, who won last year is doing well. McMeka will also do well.  
If we walk into your wardrobe, what are we likely to find more?
Something that has the highest number in my wardrobe will be… Shirts! Shirts! Shirts!
Are you a jewelry person, like blings, chain or even wristwatches?
No. I love the minimalistic approach to my dress sense.
What fashion item do you love so much that you will love to have no matter how expensive?
That will be shoes and more shoes.
What are your favourite colours?
I love colours like burgundy, orange and grey
Which car is your dream car?
Mercedes Benz G wagon.
What is your favourite food?
I love pounded yam and nsala soup of 10 lives.

 

Chris Brown spends Christmas with Karrueche Tran
12/26/2013 3:03:00 PM

Karrueche visited Chris Brown in rehab on Christmas Day and shared a pic for Rihanna all to see...:-)

 

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at feedmyinbox.com

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment